Often your computer responds very slow after some hours of usage, it is due to overwhelming data that's being stored in your RAM, since RAM is a temporary storage device it gets back to normal state after a restart, by removing entire data's that were currently stored temporarily in physical memory.
|USB device as a RAM|
How to Convert USB flash drive into RAM
USB drives don't replicate the actual performance of the RAM(physical memory), it'll just boost the performance by increasing the temporary storage capacity. To convert your USB flash drive into RAM, follow the simple steps below.
- Insert USB pen drive in port.
- Check for available spaces, the flash drive (or) memory card should have at least 1 gigabyte (GB) of available space to convert into RAM.
- But formatting the entire device is recommended
- Once formatted, right click on the USB device and select properties
- Tab to ready to boost option.
- Select any one option from below
- Dedicate this device to ready to boost : To use the maximum available space on the flash drive for ReadyBoost.
- Use this device : To allocate particular space by specifying the MB space in the flash drive. Note: Since maximum limit for 32bit system is 4094 MB, using 8 GB (or) more doesn't increase the overall capacity.
ReadyBoost Properties Window