How to RECORD Desktop Screen to Create a Video:
- Open the VLC media player.
- Press (ctrl+s) to open the media window.
- And tab to Capture device.
- Drop down the capture mode and select desktop to record live screen then click stream.(Note: Select Desktop and then click stream for capture desktop screen)
- Stream output window pop up's check whether the source is set to screen:// and click next.
- Once you click next, another window opens to add the destination of the captured video to be saved.
- And click browse to locate the destination of the captured video on preferred disk location. And then name the video and click SAVE.
- By default VLC capture's screen in MP4 format, if you want to change the format into any other option, drop down the profile to find several other supported formats.
- Click Stream, Now VLC is ready to capture live desktop screen.