If you find your disk files and folders were turned into shortcuts, and reappears even after deleting several number of times, don't get panic and Format the entire pendrive/flash drive to remove such viruses, your files/folders were not Gone or Corrupted its just hidden into drive.
Read Also: Top 5 free data recovery tools for flash drives and hard disk
To view the hidden files and folders in the disk:
- Goto->Organise->Folder Search Option->View->Advanced Settings->Select Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Click OK and view the disk you will find the files and folders that were hidden in transparent mode.
To do so follow the simple steps below:
- Start->Run->Type cmd and click ok, A command prompt window opens.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* or Just Copy it => Right Click On command prompt window and paste it and press enter[Refer image picture illustration].
- Note: Replace the letter "g" with the pen drive/disk letter that you want to remove the shortcuts(Refer the below example image).
- And when you press enter its all done, now you can check your disk for shortcut virus free drive.